Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Digger Man Blues

i'm feelin' low down cuz my man's gone away
yeah, i'm feelin' real down, my man he's gone away
didn't need nothin' special, just wanted him to stay

he used to call me baby when he held me real tight
he used to call me baby, he held me in his arms real tight
now i'm all alone, even sleep don't come at night

my man ain't comin' back, tell me it ain't true
no, my man ain't comin' back, it just cain't be true
i'm beat up, i'm tore up, i'm just so sad and blue

(originally posted March 15, 2011)

2 comments:

Laurel's Quill said...

wish I had a guitar:)

Sarah said...

My writing method for this was one I'd NEVER do in front of another person. I'm not musically inclined but I was definitely trying to make a beat and write this out loud. I wasn't particularly blue when I wrote it, but I was inspired because I'd recently seen Clapton live.